Sunday, September 11, 2022

Blog Post #1: Five News Outlets

 I first discovered DailyMail through social media, specifically snapchat. I started reading it every morning during high school, because of how accessible it was. The outlet mainly focuses on trending news rather than political affairs. I would get notifications on my phone regarding daily posts on currently trending topics. I recommend this news outlet to those who have access to social media or tech savvy. 


I have used instagram for many years and while it is a social media platform, the app allows verified users to connect with their followers and spread relevant news for my generation. Not only updated news, but they will release entail about their own personal information in a more casual form. The information is immediately released to the public by using short and direct comments that express the related information. I highly recommend instagram, because one could visually see images regarding the related content. 


The New York Post is another way of providing daily and updated information within New York City. In addition, it provides key highlights on what is happening worldwide. The only downside is that it is considered a conservative newspaper so there is some bias within the writing. If bias doesn't bother you then the New York Post is a great outlet for information.


I started watching Fox news with my family years ago, because of my parents' influence. It is a great reliable and effective source that covers political and worldwide matters. Once again, the only downside is that it is biased in favor of the republican party. It is typically seen throughout their convergence of scientific matters, most commonly climate change. I recommend Fox News, because it typically covers all genres. 


Branchburg news is my hometown’s local newspaper that I enjoy reading. It provides local community information such as important events, individual achievements on people that live here and fundraisers. I am able to feel involved and a part of the changes that are made within my community. Although I wouldn’t recommend this specific outlet,, I do encourage everyone to read their local newspaper to get more educated within their town. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

  Having been born in 2002, there has never been a time when technology has not been a part of my life. In fact, throughout my twenty years,...