Sunday, September 25, 2022

Blog 6: EOTO television

 


After listening to the EOTO technology presentations from my classmates, I was able to learn about each product that I’ve never known until now. The presentation that stood out most was the invention of television. I was drawn to this most, because I am someone who uses TV almost everyday for a source of entertainment. Not only is it a source of entertainment, but it is a worldwide source for us to receive important news on what is going on in today’s society.

Television was invented by a 21 year old guy known as Philo Farnsworth in 1927. I was shocked to learn he was only 21 years old, because to be that young and create such an impactful creation is outstanding. Growing up I was attached to television and most of my childhood memories are related to watching Disney channel. I never realized how much television has had an impact on our world until I got older. My parents and grandparents always joke around on how much I am addicted to technology in general. When they were younger, inventors were still in the works of the majority of our technology, so they didn’t have the access to television as much as our generation has today. I’ve realized that as I got older I am more connected to our world, because of the major news outlets on tv. I am interested in being updated with what is going on throughout our world. For example, the conflict between Russia and Ukraine has been the focus on the news and has impacted not only Europe, but the United States as well. Many US citizens, including myself, have family and friends who are being affected with this tragic event. Luckily, the news outlets being broadcasted on a daily basis is able to keep us updated and connected with other countries. 


The most fascinating part about television that was mentioned in the presentation was the fact that we are able to watch major events such as the Olympics and World Cups. These events are able to bring the world together to celebrate the incredible talent these individuals portray. The first ever Olympics to be broadcasted was in 1936 which is a few years after television was invented. The first time it was aired, hundreds and thousands of people were able to watch and today there are over millions of people tuning in. 


Overall, television has impacted our world for the better and allows the people to stay connected through technology. Without television, we would not be educated enough by current worldwide events. Not only are we able to gain knowledge about the news, but it gives us a source of entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

  Having been born in 2002, there has never been a time when technology has not been a part of my life. In fact, throughout my twenty years,...